$$$USE MY CODE AND SAVE SAVE SAVE$$$

Get 15% off
your first order
use code TDDU9361
Baby ItemsBuy Baby Items at Diapers.comBuy Baby Items at Diapers.com
Not valid for existing Diapers.com or Soap.com customers. Some resctrictions apply.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 29, 2010

I am absolutely convinced that...

... Whoever coined the phrase, "Don't wake a sleeping baby" was definitely NOT NURSING!



First of all, let me just start by saying I am still completely astonished that milk is coming out of my boobs. It still seems like such a foreign concept, even though it is happening to me.

Second, I have always heard about feeling your milk "let down" but it is the most unbelievable concept until it really happens to you. It is so weird. Hi, my name is Tiffany, and I can feel when my milk lets down. I can now be fully admitted into the "mom's club".

Third, holy painful hell when your milk does let down, and needs to be let out, and there is a sleeping baby. Don't wake a sleeping baby, my ass. When your boobs which are already 2 cup sizes bigger than normal, are now so full of milk that they have grew another 2 cup sizes and no longer fit into your nursing bra which is bigger than any size bra you've ever seen...like hell you don't wake a sleeping baby.

Now I know during those situations I could pump, which I do, but back in the day before great pumps what did women do? Wake the baby! Just my observation that the person who says not to wake the baby, was not experiencing pain in their boobs unlike any pain they've ever experienced.

Wait, come to think of it. The person said it was probably a man.

Tiffany

6 comments:

Auntie Sissy said...

"I am still completely astonished that milk is coming out of my boobs."

I love that! haha! I can relate in a way...the contractions I am having are leaving me in awe. So strange, but in a way very cool. It's actually happening!

Anyway, I am sorry that your boobies hurt! I am glad you are making milk though. I know a lot of women with PCOS have trouble producing milk. Glad that is not the case with you!

When are you going to post more pictures??!

AussieMumma said...

haha! Love it! So much to look forward to ;-)

Melissa said...

i loooooove this!!!!!! i remember those early days of nursing. i was a small B before pregnancy. when i was super engorged, i was a DDD. it was the weirdest, most surreal thing to EVER happen to me!!! lol. now, they've gone down to C's thank goodness!!!!!!!!!! but oh my do i remember those days, (a couple months ago) when i swear to God, it looked like i had implants!! i still get let down pain 4.5 months into nursing.

Anonymous said...

Lol! You seriously crack me up! And yes, it was definitely a man! Sorry for the pain but it's ohhh so worth it!

Anonymous said...

PS - I moved my blog. I forwarded my domain but I screwed up with blogger so I don't think anything is getting forwarded. In any event, new blog is at http://www.mysweetsuburbanlife.com

So embarrassed over the freakin confusion with this! I'm a blonde!

Lori said...

I love this post! Totally got me laughing!! I am sooo worried about the breastfeeding already, I am such a sissy, I am already thinking of the pain!! I love your honesty!