$$$USE MY CODE AND SAVE SAVE SAVE$$$

Get 15% off
your first order
use code TDDU9361
Baby ItemsBuy Baby Items at Diapers.comBuy Baby Items at Diapers.com
Not valid for existing Diapers.com or Soap.com customers. Some resctrictions apply.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"Braxton-Itis?" Funny Stuff Hubs Says

So I started being aware of, and really being able to feel Braxton Hicks contractions a few weeks ago. They are nothing painful they just definitely get my attention. My whole stomach gets hard as a rock and it just feels like real tightening for a few minutes, then it's over. It happens mostly when I'm on the move: walking, climbing stairs to get to our seats at a ball game. However sometimes it just happens when I'm laying down as well. I've really not been too concerned about them at all because....well here's the definition via Wikipedia:



Braxton Hicks contractions, also known as false labor or practice contractions are sporadic uterine contractions that usually start around 6 weeks however are not usually felt until the second trimester or third trimester of pregnancy.



Well on Saturday I was hit with quite a few of them. I'd say maybe 6x during that day. Well, when the first one hit hubs and I were getting ready to go for a walk and I just kind of stopped for a second and felt my belly.

"Are you OK?" Hubs asked.

"Yeah" I said "I'm just having a Braxton Hicks"

"A what?" He asked

"A Braxton Hicks" I said kind of in a shocked voice that he had never heard of them before. Only because he's been so good at reading up on things and sometimes he even knows things that are happening in the pregnancy that I don't know. "They are practice contractions. Haven't you ever heard of them"



Well he said he hadn't heard of them so I actually wrote the name down on a sticky note and put it in his wallet and told him to dr. google it when he's at work on Monday. We went off on our walk.



It wasn't too far into our walk that I started having another one. Again, it wasn't painful, it is just enough to be uncomfortable during a power walk so I slowed down and grabbed my belly again.



"Are you having Braxton-Itis?!" Hubs exclaims with authority.

"Braxton-WHAT?" I ask with a huge smile on my face.

"Braxton-Itis or that thing you were telling me about" He asks again, starting to laugh.

"Do you know what the meaning of Itis is?" I ask. "Itis means Inflammation!"



At this point we both pause, look at each other, and look at my belly.



"This is not an inflammation!" I demanded with hands on my belly. "This is a baby!"



We both had a good laugh at how is fumble of words actually had a funny pun to go along with it.



I ended that conversation with a final play on medical terms and said, "Well if this is an itis then I need an ectomy!" (Which means surgical removal) and Hubs said well not yet, let's keep him in there a bit longer. I agreed.



Tiffany

7 comments:

Mrs. S said...

LOL, that's hilarious. You know that show Kids Say the Darndest Things? I think there should be a husband version. :)

Littlest True Blue said...

Very cute! Hope the Braxton-itis doesn't hurt too much!
LTB

Shanny said...

heeheee good laugh! You guys are too cute =)
I actually haven't had it yet, inflammation... kinda? yeahh but no Braxton-itis lol

Jessica said...

Very funny! Guys are real cute when it comes to learning about baby stuff. ;) You should write that story in baby's future keepsake book.

*Maybe* Baby ♥ Mama said...

Our journey has begun!… secretly though

If I’ve left you this message, you’re a follower of my original blog ~OR~ just someone I’ve happened upon while sending out these invites and that I would LOVE for to come along for the ride! Though I won’t be revealing who I am just yet – until we’re TO and THROUGH the first trimester! Just getting the word out about our new site – further explanation of all the secrecy and what we’re about on my first post. I’d love for you to stop by.

Exciting things going on around here!

www.definitelymaybebaby.com

~ the {secret} *Maybe* Baby Mama

Lindsay said...

Husbands... Gotta love 'em

The Knitty Gritty said...

Hey girl: This is Sarah from Auntie Sissy. I have another blog, please check it out..

http://sissysplacetovent.blogspot.com/